Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Kohler

"Little bit of color" - Bob Ross
I played The American Club Resort Courses,
more commonly referred to as "Kohler" in Summer 2012.  Of the Pete Dye courses I've played, Kohler is, in my opinion, the best example of Dye's imagination and dominance of the landscape.

Think of Pete Dye as what happens when Donald Ross meets Bob Ross.  Dye has his own signature features and classic looks, but each hole seems a little too idyllic - each dune in the perfect place; each tree sketched in just the right home.



Kohler is a perfect example of this.  Dye took a relatively flat area of Wisconsin (a blank canvas if you will) and sculpted a golf course in earth, grass, and air.

Kohler has four courses.    I've organized my pictures and experience here: Straits; here: Irish; here: Meadow Valley here; and River.










No comments:

Post a Comment